Saturday, October 13, 2007

400s are lots of fun.....

We had a pretty tough swim practice last night. I think Coach Brad's goal was to get over 3000m and for many of us, we accomplished just that. The entire practice was as follows:

4x400 on 6:30
3x200 on 3:15
3x100 on 1:30
4x50 on 1:00 as fast as you can go.

I kind of went into the workout with the mindset that I was doing a 1500 swim and not 4x400 and so on. I figured that it would save me my energy and I'd be able to complete it somewhat decently. That's not to say it was all that fast but at least I finished without too much trouble. I pretty much kept the same pace the whole practice except for one of the 200s where I tried to speed it up a bit and managed to get a 2:49 which for me isn't bad. The 4x50 at the end I also tried to go somewhat hard as that was the intended purpose as laid out by Brad. I did the first one freestyle on 39 and then the other 3 backstroke averaging about 42 or 43. I was pretty tired so those times aren't that bad either. I guess the whole point of this exercise was to make up for all the thanksgiving turkey that most of us had. With a meet only about a month and a half away, I think most of us including me need to get into better shape...

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger *Bronzie* said...

Hey Damien! You must tell me all about your escapades to the places you've been and the places I want to go hehehe. Tell me! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home