Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sick

These past few days I have been feeling like crap. It all started on Tuesday when I started getting this massive migraine that wouldn't go away. It kind of stayed with me for a while and was at its worst yesterday. I also had a bit of an upset stomach and fatigue as well. I decided to attempt to go to practice anyway because I thought that I only had a couple more practices to get in until provincials which are in less than 2 weeks. I made it through the warm up of 8x50 on 1:10 but by that time, my headache had gotten totally unbearable and I decided to leave practice only 15 minutes into it. I figure I should give myself E for effort but it was terrible. I basically spent the rest of the evening in bed and tried to fall asleep. Although, it took a long time since it seemed that the tylenol that I took to help took its sweet time helping the situation. I eventually did get to sleep though. This morning I woke up feeling a bit better although with still a slight headache. My energy level has been a bit low lately. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I'm over exerting myself since I have been going to workout virtually every day for the past couple of months. I don't think I'm going to head to the gym tonight since I'm feeling so worn out... I should go again a few times before provincials. Although, I think I'm going to lay off the weights. I hope by Friday, I will feel better and well enough to go to practice....
I'll see how things go...

3 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Good call to leave practice. Don't feel bad. I didn't go to practice because I'm sick too.

At this late stage in our training there's not much to gain by going to practice or lose by NOT going to practice. Don't feel guilty. It's better to miss some practices and be healthy at the meet than it is to make all the practices and bring a lingering cold to the meet.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I think half the people at practice last night are sick. For example, you, me, Keira and Scott. Can we blame this on climate change? Or perhaps George Bush?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

hope you feel better soon!! eat lots of garlic and drink lots of water!!

I was sick most of Feb and March...hope it doesn't last that long for you!!

Rest up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home