Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Last night's swim practice

Well, we've been in training for a couple of weeks now since the beginning of the season. I seem to alternate feeling either really good at practice or really stiff. I guess it's just getting those cobwebs out of my system. Last night's practice was short but at some parts intensive as we had to do a 100m pull or swim for time from a push. At first I didn't really feel like going too hard as I knew it would hurt but I surprised myself with a 1:10.8 100m freestyle swim time from a push. My goal was only to go about a 1:15. So, definitely moving in the right direction at this point in the season. I hope that I am able to keep up such momentum over the months. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm not sure how much extra training I'll be able to do for the next while due to work commitments but I'll try and get at least a couple of weight sessions in as well as mabye an extra swimming session every now and then.

On a side note, last Sunday I went over my teammate and friend's house Joe to work on some Halloween projects. We first started by putting primer on some sections of graveyard fence that he and his nephew had cut. It actually wasn't as tedious as I thought it would be and it was a nice break from what I normally do. I will also try to make it next weekend to help out either with finishing the painting on the fence or helping out with other related projects.

I guess I'll end for now. Until next time...

P.S. I will try and update my blog photo as soon as I can find a suitable picture as the one I have there is very out of date.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Joe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Er, here it is: http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home