Monday, April 09, 2007

Busy Weekend

This past weekend has been pretty busy for me. It started on Saturday morning when when I went to a surprise swim practice that had been scheduled for us at the Canada Games Pool. Since Friday and Monday practice were cancelled, our coach Brad was successful in getting a few lanes of pool time during one of the other Hyack sessions on Saturday Morning. About 6 of us showed up and overall it was a pretty good workout. You can read about the full details of the workout on Scott's or Joe's blog. Overall, I felt pretty good during the whole workout which was kind of surprising for me since I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep the night before because of staying up late finishing things. The main set was a choice of a middle distance or sprint set. I chose the middle distance and I did it backstroke. We did a series of timed 50s and then a couple of 100s even split. I took it pretty easy on the 100s and went hard on the 50s. The fastest I could muster on the 50s was a 38.9 which with so little sleep isnt too bad. Although, I have to say my backstroke is feeling a bit tighter lately. I'm not sure if it has to do with the weights I've been lifting at the gym lately or not. It doesn't seem to be affecting my other strokes as much. So, I'm not sure what it is.

After practice on Saturday, I went home and had a 2 hour power nap before I started doing some spring cleaning around the house. I packed up a couple of old boxes of things and tidied up here and there and spent the remainder of the day down at Barnett Park and had a picnic with my girlfriend. On Sunday, we drove to Abbotsford early in the morning to attend a church service at my Aunt and Uncle's church there. We spent the whole day there socializing and having a big Easter meal. I have to admit that this whole weekend I've stuffed myself silly with food. I probably have gained a couple of kilos just with that. I'll have to maybe spend a bit more time at the gym this week to burn off some of the excess calories.

Today, I don't have too much planned. I don't have to go into work today and I probably will just relax and go workout later at the gym and maybe also squeeze in another swim workout if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home