Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Really hard practice last night

I must say that last night we did a really hard practice. The main set was 10x200 on the following intervals: 3 on 3:30, 2 on 3:15, 3 on 3:20, 1 on 3:10 and 1 on 3:00. I was actually okay for the first 6 or 7 reps averaging slightly under 3:00. THe last 3 reps I got really tired and had to let my lanemate Kyra go ahead of me as she was starting to catch me. It made me doubt my physical fitness as I really need to try and keep the same pace for all of them. I think the last 3 I did in like 3:05 or something like that, which could be worse I suppose. My goal for the next time that we do a set like this is to try my best to keep the same pace on all of them and no matter what happens, keep going first unless Kyra or someone else in my lane starts touching my feet. I need to be stronger mentally in sets like these and not give into the pain. Hopefully that will come in time with better fitness. I am going to be going to the gym tonight to do some heavy cardio work and some weights as well. We'll see how that goes...

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Yes, that was a hard set but sets like that sure help you build character. Plus, it makes the practice go a bit quicker.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

sets like that make you realize were your strengths/weaknesses are...they aren't meant to be easy, but to be challenging!!

keep up the good work!! i WISH i could attempt a set like that! im pretty sure i'd be letting others pass me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home