Saturday, October 07, 2006

Friday's practice

Last night's practice wasn't too intense. Coach Brad took it easy on us... relatively. We started out with a 400 on 7:00, a 200 on 3:30, 100 on 1:45 and then a 50 on :40, another 100 on 1:45 and then the last 50 on :40. The first 400m I went perhaps a little bit too fast, faster than I thought I should be going as I went a 5:51. The rest of it was fine and was able to make the 2 50s on :40 which was good. After that, we did another set but I can't quite remember what it was for some reason. My brain seems a bit foggy right now.

I do remember the main set though. Coach Brad split us up into 3 groups, 1 sprint, 1 middle distance and 1 distance. The sprinters did a 300m to get warmed up and then did a set of 8x50 on 2:30 at 95%. The middle distance people did 8x25 kick on :40 and then 9x100 with every 3rd one at 95% and the other two smooth. The distance set was 3x300 pull on 4:45/5:15, 4x100 on 1:45 and then 5x50 on :50. Scott was the only one to do the distance set in the far lane. There were about 4 of us who did the middle distance set (myself, Ian, Darcy and Kira) and everyone else did the sprint set.

It went pretty well for each of the 3 fast 100s. I did a fairly good time on each. The first fast 100m I did was backstroke, I did a 1:28. The second fast 100m I did was IM and I did a 1:29, and the last 100m I did was also backstroke, and I did a 1:25.
It went fairly well I think. Brad challenged us to do 1 of the 100s butterfly and the other 3 people doing the set did so except myself. I guess I just wimped out this time around... maybe next time.

I saw the TPB movie yesterday. It was hilariously funny as I expected. As per usual, Cory and Trevor took the heat for the crime that the boys did. In the end though, they got away with their scheme and the movie had a happy ending. I won't say anymore details on here for those who are interested in seeing it.

This weekend is Thanksgiving but I don't think I'll be doing anything special as our original plan to go to Calgary was cancelled due to scheduling problems. I'm sure we'll have a nice big bird and some good food on Sunday night though. I'm sure I'll be eating Turkey leftovers for the next couple of months.... but that's not entirely bad.

Brad says that there will be practice on Monday if they are able to keep the pool open. I'll definitely be going, and hopefully it will be a fun practice after all that turkey. I don't think I would be able to handle anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home