Saturday, June 24, 2006

Short course swim practice

Last night's swim practice was done short course due to the fact that this weekend they're having an outdoor swim meet at the pool that we train at and they had to put the bulkhead in ahead of time. I have to admit that in many ways it still felt easier than long course but hopefully that will change as we go later on into the season. We had a choice of doing 2 sets. One was a sprint set of 50s and the other was a distance set. I wasn't in the mood to sprint last night so I did the distance one.
The set was as follows:

400 freestyle @ 7:00
300 freestyle @ 5:20
200 I.M. @ 4:00
100 freestyle @ 2:00
50 freestyle 100% all out
100 freestyle @ 2:00
200 I.M. @ 4:00
300 freestyle @ 5:20
400 freestyle @ 7:00
300 freestyle @ 5:20
200 I.M. @ 4:00
100 freestyle @ 2:00
50 freestyle 100% all out


That set pretty much took the entire practice with a little bit left at the end for a warm down. On the 2 50 freestyles all out I did a 35 and a 36. So, it wasn't too bad. When I first started the set, it seemed rather daunting but as I got into it, it didn't seem that bad and I felt relatively good after finishing it which is great.
On Monday, we're back to long course again. I hope that I will be able to feel as good on Monday's practice as I did last night.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm so jealous you have real workouts and a real team to practice with. My Masters team is like swim lessons! It's something, but I want the real thing.

Did you live in Japan before? Where did you learn Japanese?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home