Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Swim Season is upon us!

Wow..

It's been a while since I blogged last. I haven't blogged since I came back from vacation at the beginning of August. Well, not too much has happened since then. I am swamped with work now that the new semester has started. I guess that's a good thing though as it's nice to keep busy. It looks like I'll be going to Calgary on Thanksgiving weekend to visit some friends of my girlfriend. Hopefully, it will go well.

On the swimming front, things are going quite well. I've decided to do some extra work in addition to the three practices a week that I do in order to lose weight and get into better shape for the upcoming season. I've signed up with a membership at a gym and have been doing some weighttraining as well as a bit of cardio to supplement my swimming. Let's hope that it will pay off. So far, things have been going really well. I've been swimming much faster than I anticipated so far this season. On Friday night's practice, I did a 36.8 for 50m backstroke which technically is faster than my time at provincials last year in Kelowna where I did a 37.03. I am hoping to get down to 35 or so by Christmas time and also to break 30 for my 50m freestyle. That would be good.

I am hoping that the upcoming week will continue to be good.. let's see how things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home