Sunday, July 02, 2006

Canada Day has come and gone....

Wow what a great day today!

Happy belated Canada Day (it's after midnight now, so it's not Canada Day anymore.). I had a great time today. I watched the Canada Day festivities today on TV from Ottawa and felt a bit nostalgic about all the places that I used to go when I was in university... It's good to think about memories...

Later that day, my girlfriend and I were originally going to go down to the planetarium but we later decided to go to the beach instead since it was a nice day and she had the full day off which was great. I spent quite a bit of time swimming and cooling off in the water. With my busy work schedule and the other things I do, I don't get out as much as I would like so today was a special treat for me.

Later this evening, we met up with some friends for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in New West and played games and talked. We played pictionary and a couple of other games and got back not too long ago.

Since I got home, I've just been drinking a bit and relaxing. As a result, I'm a bit drunk writing this blog right now.. so hopefully it won't be too bad. I've had about 5 coolers and a couple of shots of rum...... I'm going to be on holidays for a bit anyway so I guess it's another reason why I'm celebrating.

Actually as of the end of next week, I'll be gone for about a month or so to various places. I'm heading to various places in Ontario as well as Chicago to visit an old friend that I haven't seen since 1998. It should be great to catch up with him. Also, at the beginning of August, I'm heading to Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico to visit with another old friend who I also haven't seen since university. It will also be my first trip to Mexico so hopefully will be a lot of fun.

Anyways, I better stop writing before I get too drunk...

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I have such fond memories of the Old Spaghetti Factory. I used to go to the Gastown location a lot until the parking fees got so outrageous.

Have fun in your travels. I guess you won't be at swim practice for a while?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home