Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Grouse Grind

Today I did something that I haven't done in quite some time. I did the Grouse Grind. I did it 2 years ago before I had started swimming and this year, I was hoping for a better result than when I first did it. Alas, it was not to be.... I am actually quite disappointed in myself. It took me well over an hour to do it and it hurt a lot... I figured that all the swimming I've been doing would have helped but it didn't really make much of a difference. Perhaps this is because swimming works different muscle groups and also perhaps because it isn't as cardiovascularly intensive. That would be my best guess...I guess I was expecting more.. Hopefully in the future, I'll be able to do it again and do better...

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Isis said...

I have found that swimming does not help that much with things like hiking. I was disappointed during a steep hike earlier this summer that although I was in peak shape, the person I was with was comfortable and I was winded. It must be that gravity problem.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Damien said...

Yes, that's for sure. It felt like everyone was passing me on the trail. I had to stop constantly to let people go by. That's how slow I was going.. It was a good experience nonetheless.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Isis said...

Luckily you would pass them all in the pool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home