Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fast swimming yesterday and rough day today..

Today I had a bit of a rough day today. I had a few of my students really act up on me today. One of them even called me a "Jackass" and a "Butthead" in front of everyone in the class. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed and I kicked him out and told him not to come back until he's ready to be pleasant and not act rude. I guess as a teacher you are supposed to get used to stuff like this but for me, I always find it hard as I am a sensitive type of person. It took me a few moments after that to regain my composure to finish the lesson. Let's hope that it doesn't happen again.

Last night was a pretty interesting practice at swimming. We started off with 4x100 which wasn't so bad and then we did some drill 25s which were kind of interesting (all 4 strokes). Next, we did a set where we did 2x100 and a 50, and the last 15 to 5 metres depending on what were doing, were all flat out. I did backstroke for this set as I wanted to challenge myself and I did a pretty good job I think as I didn't have any problem making the intervals which were supposed to be for people swimming freestyle. The last thing we did was 2 timed 50s with fins on 35 seconds. Again, the 35 second pacetime was supposed to be for freestyle but I decided to do it backstroke. The first 50, I did a 31 for 50 back with fins. The second one I died a bit and went a 35. I really must have tightened up on the second 50 because I didn't notice a big difference in speed between the two. Overall, I was pretty satisfied with my effort and I made both on the pacetime.
The really fast girl in our lane (the one that I have a bit of a crush on) went amazingly fast. She did a 28 for 50m freestyle with fins. I think that definitely turned a few heads, especially among the guys in the fast lanes as she beat a few of their times. A few of us congratulated her and talked to her afterwards about her swim. I look forward to seeing what she can do at the UBC meet in November. One of the other guys suggested that we could have a mixed relay.. who knows what will happen.

Tomorrow the Trailer Park Boys movie comes out! Yahoo!! I can't wait. It will be really awesome. I am such a big fan of that show. I have every single episode on DivX in my movie collection. I even recently downloaded the special they showed on Showcase of the behind the scenes footage in making the movie. It looks really good... I know my girlfriend will love it because her "hunk" will be on the big screen.. I know I will hear for the next several days about how big Julian's muscles are and how sexy he is... *rolls eyes*

Anyways, this weekend is also Thanksgiving. I don't have any special plans. Originally, we were supposed to go to Calgary to visit some friends there but that fell through unfortunately. Our friends there were going to be busy this weekend and won't have time to hang out with us as something else came up for them as well. THat's ok though. We can still have a great turkey dinner here :-) I'm looking forward to it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home