Monday, May 22, 2006

Nationally Ranked

I just found a website which has all masters swimming times ranked according to age group and gender. They only rank up to 20th place and it's for all short course times done in the year 2005 (January 1-December 31). I was surprised to find that I actually ranked 13th place in the 200m backstroke from the time I did at the UBC meet in December. It was a shock to me since I know the time I did wasn't that fast. It's true that only 16 people swam the event but still, it's surprising. A few other people that I swim with also ranked for their age group:

Ian 18th in 100 back, 10th in 100 fly
Katrina (who no longer trains with us) 19th in 200 breast
Doug 18th in 100 back, 13th in 100 fly

It looks like we're not doing too badly as a group.. a couple of other guys just missed the rankings only by a little bit... hopefully next year we'll get more people on there.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home