Monday, November 20, 2006

Poor performance...

Well the recent swim meet this past weekend was not my best performance by any stretch of the imagination. I actually felt quite disappointed (and still do). I guess I just don't have it anymore which is too bad because I didn't think I was washed up just yet. Also, I was still fighting a cold at this meet and that zapped my energy a bit. That could have made a difference I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop swimming by any stretch of the imagination. Although, I'm debating in my mind as to how much I actually will compete in the future. I definitely know that I won't be going to the Nanaimo meet. I think I need some time to assess where I am at and think about what competitions I want to go to in the future. I definitely will be going to at least one or two more this year maybe more depending but I don't think I want to go to Nanaimo at this time.

I know I've been through a lot in my life and I have my own issues that I'm trying to work out maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself on why I'm not swimming well. After all, in many ways, I don't even feel like the same person that I was when I was 16. I look at things I've done in the past.. I look at old ribbons and medals that I won.. I look at academic reports that I've written in high school and university and I think, it's not me who could have done that. It sounds weird to someone else who is reading this that I could think this way. But it's true, I actually think sometimes that I'm not the same person as I was when I was younger. My life has changed so much from then to now that I might as well be a different person. I've changed completely beyond recognition.

In any case, I'll keep up my regimen of training and working out and hopefully in the long run, I can see some results of at least staying healthy and losing weight if not improving my swimming times also.

2 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Don't give up...and don't be too hard on yourself! Maybe you didn't do how you wanted to do, but it's more about the process and the journey then the goal. If you like to be in the water and to swim...then do that. Competing doesn't have to be the goal. Or maybe it doesn't have to be the goal right now. Goals change, lives change and people change!

がんばって!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Damien,

Keep your chin up dude. You're killing me in the long distance sets at practice. Maybe you should try so 200's and 400's at upcoming meets? Or maybe you just need a longer taper.

BTW, Sista K is holding a pumpkin pie in her profile photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home