Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Friend over for the weekend and visit to the dentist

The last week or so has been a bit of a whirlwind. I had a friend stay with me from last Thursday to Sunday. He was on a business trip with his job here in Vancouver. He was a friend of mine that I originally knew when I lived in Toronto growing up, basically ever since high school. When we graduated from high school, we both ended up going to the University of Ottawa together and we still hung out together. When I moved out to BC, we kept in touch via e-mail and saw each other every now and again when I would fly back home to visit friends and family. It was his first time out here visiting me and I would say that we had a relatively fun time. On Thursday night, we went out to see the Trailer Park boys movie (Second time for me actually) and just chatted and hung out at our place. On Friday, we drove to Mount Baker and all the way to close to the top of the mountain to where the snowline was. It was kind of neat standing in the snow when on the ground below the mountain there was nothing at all. We then drove to Bellingham, WA where my friend and I had a meal and he bought some liquor that was unavailable in Canada (which he had to pay a hefty duty on at the border). I was able to get back to Burnaby just in time for swim practice. Swimming on Friday was fairly uneventful as we did mostly drills and some vertical kicking at the end. I definitely found the vertical kicking somewhat tiring.

On Saturday, my friend and I walked around Metrotown mall and he bought a few things in the Asian grocery store T&T as well as had a look at a few other specialty stores. We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant in Metrotown and a late night dinner at a Korean Restaurant on Kingsway. Both were absolutely delicious. I especially loved the Korean restaurant. Their BBQ Pork and Beef is absolutely to die for. The only problem with the Korean place was that it was a bit pricy but every now and again, it would definitely be a nice treat in the future.

On Sunday, I drove my friend to the airport and said goodbye and wished him a good flight. For the rest of the day, I didn't do too much except go to the gym on Sunday night and had a workout. I felt that was quite refreshing.

Monday was a fairly uneventful day and swim practice was somewhat challenging. With a set of 3x100 IM on some fast intervals followed by a set of 2x50 by stroke (We did this set 3 times). The fastest I managed to go on was 1:45 on the last 3. I know I made 2 out of 3, so hopefully I'll be able to improve on that in the future.

Today was a bit of an adventure as I went to the dentist. I hadn't gone since 2002. So, I was a bit nervous as to what I would find. Fortunately to my surprise, there was not much of anything wrong with my teeth at all. There was one cracked filling that needed to be repaired as it was causing me some discomfort sometimes when eating but now that that is taken care of, shouldn't be anymore problems. The dentist said that there were no new cavities so that was good.

The rest of the day was uneventful with the afternoon at work and I went to the gym again after work. I worked out pretty hard again especially on the weights. My arms are a bit sore after doing some strenous sets of lat pulldowns especially. Let's hope it pays off.

I think I'm going to relax now.. watch some TV with a glass of wine and just chill out until I go to bed...

3 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Was the movie any good? Is it better than the TV show?

Which Korean restaurant? Mamasan? Da Rae Oak? Wan Hori?

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Bah-bah-cue POK! 5 dolla!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Halloween pics are up on my blog now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home