Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Really hard workout last night ...

Last night at swimming we had a ridiculously hard workout. I think Coach Brad was really being a bit sadistic this time. I remember when I first saw him write it on the board, I said.. "You must be joking" "No way.." and then Darcy (girl who swims in the lane next to ours said).. "if you're saying that, I'm afraid to look at what he wrote.." It turns out the entire practice was 6x500 broken up as follows. Yes that's right 6x500. The first one was choice swim on 9:00.. The second one was pull on 9:00. The third one was first 300 swim and then the last 200 IM on 10:00. The fourth one was another pull on 9:00. The fifth one was kick with fins on 10:00 and the last one was swim on 8:00. By the 4th one, I was pretty tired and hurting. I think most of us were too but maybe it was good that Brad did that as it will get us in better shape for the upcoming meets. I had a look at the UBC Masters website last night to have a look at the meet entry form. They have the usual range of events. I was trying to figure out what I would swim at the meet. It looks like I'll probably do 3 events - 50 free, 100 IM and 200 back as they are fairly evenly spaced and I wanted to get in a 50 free in there so I could try and break 30. I think I can do it!

I wanted to head to the gym today but just ran out of time. I have some prep work to do but hopefully will be done by about 10:00. The gym is open for another hour after that. Depending on what time I finish, I hopefully can get at least a 40 minute workout in even if I only do a few of the weights.

A friend of mine also is going to be coming to town for a few days this Thursday and staying with us from back east. I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't seen him in a while and he has never visited us here out west before. It Should be great. I think we will have a lot of fun as I'll show him around all the sights etc.

I'm feeling a bit tired today so hopefully I'll also be able to head to bed early as I've been having a bit of insomnia as of late... let's hope that tomorrow I'll feel refreshed.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I'm so glad I'm missed that practice. I was sick on Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home