Saturday, May 13, 2006

Birthday celebration

Well... I can say it now.. Happy Birthday to me!

I'm officially 28 years old. A lot of people may not think that is old but it just seems like yesterday that I can still remember when I was in high school. It's pretty frightening actually. Sometimes I feel like I just want to relive my childhood all over again and maybe learn to appreciate it more. I think a lot of people feel that way though.

Anyways, I didn't do much on my birthday. I was planning on going out for dinner on Friday evening but I ended up staying late at work because one of the other teacher's was sick and I had to fill in for her as they had nobody else.. and they were begging me to stay. I couldn't really refuse because it would look bad. So, I ended up staying until 8:00pm that night and didn't get home until almost 9:00pm because I had to drive back home from Tsawwassen where I teach.

Anyways, my girlfriend and I ended up having a good dinner as we went to Milestones and had one of their great pizzas. It was totally awesome! My girlfriend liked their pizza too and she said it was by far the best pizza she's had in BC so far. After that, I went home and opened some gifts that she got for me and also some that relatives sent in the mail. I also got a lot of phone calls from family and friends that I wasn't expecting wishing me happy birthday. I thought that was pretty cool...

I also have some other news... it looks like I'll be moving at the end of this month (until the beginning of July anyway). I'll just be moving in the area here in Burnaby. I'll be moving to a smaller place on a quieter street near Metrotown. It looks pretty good. My girlfriend hasn't seen it yet but I'm hoping that she can see it tomorrow. Based on what I know, I think she'll like it. It's certainly a lot cheaper than what I'm paying now. One of the reasons I'm moving is that my landlord here has raised the rent immensely and now is starting to charge me for things that he didn't initially...it's too bad. I like this place.. but it's getting to be too much of a hassle and besides, my girlfriend has issues with our privacy here. I hope it will be better at the other place.

Anyways, I'll write more details as I know them... Until next time...

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Happy b-day. We missed you at swim practice, btw.

Which location of Milestones did you eat at?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home